How to prepare it?
If you like making beetroot wraps yourself, read the recipe on how to make your own. Don’t have much time and still want to make this delicious recipe? Then skip the preparation method for making the wraps and buy these ready-made in the supermarket.
So first of all, let’s start making the beetroot wraps.
- Grate the beetroot coarsely and put it in a bowl with 75 ml tepid water. Blend the beetroot and water until smooth using a hand blender. The mixture can be completely smooth or may still be a bit coarse. It just depends on what you like in your own wrap.
- Add the baking powder, a pinch of salt, wheat flour and olive oil and knead into a cohesive dough ball. If your dough is still a bit sticky, add some wheat flour. Make 6 balls and leave these to rest for 20 minutes under a piece of foil.
- In the meantime, you can prepare the other ingredients.
- Wash and cut the lettuce, cut the cucumber and tomatoes into slices and grate the carrot. Prepare the Novish Sticks and preheat the deep fryer.
- When the beetroot dough balls have rested for 20 minutes, you can start rolling them out. Sprinkle some flour over the counter and roll out the balls with a rolling pin. Try to roll them as thinly as possible, being careful not to tear them.
- Heat some oil in a pan over medium heat. Fry the beetroot wraps for a few minutes on both sides. Make sure they don’t get too hard or you won’t be able to roll them anymore later.
- Let the wraps cool down after frying.
- Meanwhile, fry the Novish Sticks in the pan. Add a little oil to the pan and fry the frozen sticks for about 8 minutes, turning regularly.
- Now it’s time to make your own wrap! Spread guacamole over the wrap and top with the vegetables. Finally, put the 4 Novish Sticks on the wrap and spread a little vegan ravigote sauce over them.
- Roll up the wrap and insert a sandwich skewer to secure. Cut the healthy wrap in half and enjoy with Novish Sticks.
Enjoy your meal!