How to prepare it?
- Wash the potatoes and make sure the skin is completely clean. We are going to make chips with the peel left on. If you don’t like the peel, you can just remove it.
- Cut the potato into chips about 1 cm x 1 cm thick and leave to soak in cold water for 20 minutes.
- Remove the sliced chips from the water and place them in a pan of boiling water. Boil the chips for about 10 minutes.
- Pat the potato dry with a tea towel and place in a large bowl. Add a spoonful of olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Mix everything in the bowl and then spread the chips out on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Bake the fries for another 25 minutes in an oven at 220 degrees.
- Get started with the Chunks. Fry the frozen Chunks in a frying pan for about 10-12 minutes, turning them regularly.
- Place the fries and Chunks on a plate and garnish with some lemon wedges if desired. Serve with a fresh vegan tartar sauce and possibly a fresh salad. Enjoy your meal!
Enjoy your meal!